Skip to main content

Featured

DIY: Easy Pop Up Birthday Card

Illustrated by Iim Nisak Few weeks ago I received a present from my friend. It's an amirugumi doll that she made by herself. It felt different receiving a bought present and a handmade present. Of course I'm grateful for both presents. But I feel more loved and appreciated because my friend put so much efforts in making the present for me. A special customize present just for me. So, here I'm gonna make birthday card for my friend. It's very simple that even a beginner can make it. Although it's simple, of course it's still contained much love from us. Prepare the tools and materials below: 1. Cardstock size 19 cm x 31 cm 2. Cardstock size 21 cm x 33 cm 3. Origami paper 4. Ruler 5. Pen 6. Glue 7. Scissor Fold the cardstock size 19 cm x 31 cm into half and draw the pattern. Cut the 1st level, fold it upward, then fold it inside. When you open the paper, you'll see the 1st level pop up. Cut the 2nd level. IMPORTANT: only cut the upper part of the paper. Fold i

What Internet Able To Do



Illustration by Iim Nisak



I had a crush back when I was in high school. It's been 6-7 years I didn't meet him or even contact him. Last night, suddenly I remembered him and wanted to know how he's been doing. 

I know someone that might still in contact with him, but I don't want her to know that I'm looking for him again. She already gave me his number 2-3 years ago. I just kept his number without contacting him until he changed his number back then. And I don't have the courage to ask her again for his number. So I decided to look for him by myself, by going through internet.

Actually I know he's not the social media type of person. I know his Facebook, but it's not updated. I found his Twitter, but the last tweet was 2014. I found his Instagram, but there is no post. I tried to remember his best friends' names and looked for their social media accounts, but there is no info about him. I even looked for his sister's social media accounts, but I don't really know about her, so I couldn't find it.

Then I googled his name, and voila! I found an article about him. Been released years ago, not really important but I'm very happy to know that story of him and that he was doing great. I also found his name as one of a trainee in his company.

I googled his name together with his company, and I found his phone number! I checked whether the number is active or not. It was 11.30 pm last night, and he was online!

waahhhhdghfhdjxj I found his active phone number jduufjfiifhdskfosiw
I don’t even know what words to express what I felt!

I was freaking amazed that I found his number only by rummaging on the internet randomly!
Not to mention that I'm superb happy to finally will be able to talk to him again (if I'm not too shy to contact him).
How scary I am, can find quite personal information about him only around 1.5 hours!
I'm just an ordinary girl using my phone in my cute room, yet I can make it!

WOWW!

What if some professionals using it to harm others?
Is it me who is too katrok that the internet can be this powerful? Even dangerous?
I know it has positive-negative sides, but still I'm shook!

Moral of the story, I'm very persistent and a hard worker. I can always find a way to achieve what I want. You might not be able to hide from me because I’ll be able to find you.

More importantly, digital trace can be useful and harmful at the same time. Be wise using the internet. Don't share anything too personal in the internet.


Comments

  1. Ilustrasinya keren, mengingatkanku pada Snow White :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..
    That's scary 😅
    But then.. that's what people do nowadays. Everytime we want to know about someone, just googling about it and voila!

    Great article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, scary and funny at the same time. Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts